Wednesday, January 2

Keeping with frugalness

Big batch of soup! You know that cabbage soup diet. So I took that and made a batch.

I froze the servings in 2 cup freezer bags. I ended up with 14 bags. 5 of which were chicken tortilla style. The recipe called for chicken broth so rather than purchasing several cans I save money by making my own and than also using the chicken for my other soup. Pretty excited about the end results.

While total for tonight's meals $22. Ends up being $1.47 each serving. Not to mention the leftovers that didn't go into the soup.

Here is my leftovers.
1/2 head of cabbage
1.5 pounds of carrots which will be dehydrated
1/2 head of celery which is getting dehydrated now
And 10oz of spinach.

Overall I win and if I lose any weight in the mean time. Double win. Weight 201.



1 comment:

  1. That's RIGHT where I started my year last year, right at 201. This year I'm starting at 162. Such a difference in the way I feel and my health as well. Keep moving and eat less than you normally eat (or change how you eat and eat more of the good stuff!) Don't give up every single thing you love, just eat a little less of it and keep track of calories. My Fitness Pal is AWESOME!
    PS. How is your freezer so empty?

    ReplyDelete